Computer freezes

Closed
computer - Jan 6, 2012 at 02:52 PM
fezza07 Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2012 - Jan 6, 2012 at 03:49 PM
Hello,
when i try to run any program or install any program my computer freeze up then i restart it to run again but when i run computer in safemode it runs great.
please tell me how i solve this problem.

1 response

fezza07 Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 6, 2012 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2012
Jan 6, 2012 at 03:49 PM
What opperating system are you running?

This could be caused by a large amount of things.
- Faulty RAM.
- Not enough disk space on your primary hard-drive partition.
- An incompatability between programs that are running in the background.
- A virus/malware/spyware program.
The list goes on.

What I would do first is boot into safemode (press f8 during start-up and select safemode). Once it has loaded Select the start menu > My computer and make sure that there is free space on your C drive (unless you assigned it a different drive letter). If there is free space move on, else move some personal files such as videos/photos onto an external storage drive or something similar.

If there is plenty of free space, again enter safemode, select the start menu > run > type msconfig > startup tab and uncheck all the items that you do not need to load on startup. Select the Services tab, check the hide all microsoft services box and then turn off the optional services which you do not need to have load on startup.

Let us know how you progress.