Internet trouble, please help

Closed
asadad - Jan 13, 2012 at 01:08 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 15, 2012 at 04:49 AM
My computer says my internet is fine, but as soon as i search something in google my speed halves, then halves again, until i'm at 1 mbps
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 13, 2012 at 05:09 AM
Hello Asadad,

I seems to be that your system is infected.

First please try this and if the problem persists I have another solution:

Download, install and run Malwarebyte which you can find on this site:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/ es-anti-malware

Ensure you make an update.

Boot your computer in safemode

Please request a FULL system scan, which may take from 20 minutes to hours. Do not interfere no matter how long in takes. The creators of Malwarebyte recommend that while the tool is running that you go do something else, such as watching a rerun of Gone with the Wind or read Tolstoy's War and Peace.

If Malwarebyte restarts your system, launch it again to finish the Full scan.

When the scan is completed, delete all items found.

Once your computer is clean and working normally just to be on the safe side
*Turn off system restore and wait 30 seconds,
*Turn it back on and create a new restore point.

This way it gets rid of anything bad that might have gotten saved in a restore point and you have a clean restore point to use in the near future if needed.
Do not turn it off until your computer is clean and working normally because you might need to use it if something goes wrong during the clean-up process.
It is better to go back to an infected restore point if something goes wrong then to not be able to undo changes that were damaging.
I have already done this and it tells me there isn't anything wrong (no infected items)
any other suggestions???
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 14, 2012 at 04:03 AM
To help you and precribe a remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a system log.

1. Boot in safemode with networking.

2. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message. Also clicking on the "hardhat" icon allows to change the language.)

3. Save the file on your Desktop.

4. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

the tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix at the next step).

5. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

6. Click on the Magnifying glass and run the analysys.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

6. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

7. Click on Parcourir and search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\Program Files\ZHPDiag).

8. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

9. Click on "upload »

10. Copy the url and post it here

Best regards
i cant connect to the internet in order to do this, i am using a different computer to post, these. also, the other computer doesn't read my usb so i cant download it on one computer and then transfer it.
Jan 15, 2012 at 04:49 AM
asadad

I'm pretty sure that your system has a virus.

Can you boot in safe mode with networking and get on the Internet?

If you can't download and that it can't read a USB, there is not much more I can do for you.

But, you can try cleaning all of your temporary files and defragment your hard disk and then see if you can get on the Internet to get the ZHP Diag Tool.

Sorry