Ipod not syncing

Closed
sally - Apr 25, 2012 at 03:50 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Apr 25, 2012 at 04:50 PM
Hello,
we sync 2 ipods in the same computer, with the regular ipod I am getting mesage
The ipod "sally" cannot be synced. An unknown error ocurred (13019) HELP please

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 25, 2012 at 04:50 PM
I found the following information on the web:
http://www.iphoners.org/fix-an.unknown.error.occurred.13019/

syncing the iPhone with my 64-bit Vista failed at the end of the process with this message "The iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (13019)." I had to read through several pages of Apple forums to find the solution, which turned out to be unsyncing the music and then re-syncing it back again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDua23BDt3E

A common iPhone problem seems to be when syncing, many users get that nasty message, "Sync failed. Unknown error occurred (13019.)" The iPhone error 13019 seems to be most common if you have just downloaded the latest version of iTunes and oddly enough, if you have just upgraded your phone to 3.0. Weird that an upgrade causes errors, but that is all too true in many cases. And while Apple isn't clear on exactly what causes this glitch, they do go on and on for pages and pages about how to fix it. Who knows why, really. It's actually quite simple.

Start with your iPhone plugged in to your computer. If it starts syncing, just hit the "x" beside the sync status to stop it. Then find where it asks you in iTunes what you want to sync with your iPod and uncheck the box that says "Music." Then allow the sync to start again, this time completing it. Be warned that this will erase all of the music off of your iPhone. But, once you've synced it, you can just place the music back in your iTunes library and sync it up again. Not only will you get your music back onto your iPhone, but you also won't be seeing Error 13019 again!

Some or all of the above may be useful
Good Luck