Charger Leads to "Whistle"

Closed
Violetvale Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 5, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 - Feb 6, 2009 at 09:05 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 6, 2009 at 01:11 PM
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000, I've been having trouble with the AC-Adapter and getting a good charge. I usually have to move and twist the adapter until it starts getting a good charge. Recently, my computer wasn't able to charge at all and shut down completely. So I had to purchase another adapter; I did and it works most of the time, but I again have to twist it until it starts to get a good charge. Also, a "whistling" sound has started happening; when I unplug the charger, it goes away, but when I plug it in, it's there again. What is wrong with my computer?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Feb 6, 2009 at 01:11 PM
Just what part are you twisting? If you are twisting the wire where it enters the laptop, I imagine you have damaged the connection between the physical plug receptacle and the laptop motherboard. The more you twist it the more damage is done. Your laptop may be salvaged by quickly taking it to a good repair shop. Good Luck.