My Toshiba laptop doesn't start

Closed
A Man Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2012 - Aug 23, 2012 at 01:46 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Aug 24, 2012 at 04:54 AM
Hello,
My Toshiba Satellite l675 was running completely fine. One time I turned it off and now when I turn it on all I get is the Toshiba usual logo and then a blinking cursor on the top of a black page. That's all it doesn't go any further. I tried pressing all of the keys but none of them work or do anything. Please help, I don't want to reset it because I have a huge amout of files that i'm not ready to get rid of.
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 23, 2012 at 03:50 PM
Hi A Man,

With all due respect, it seems to me that Rockshy does not live on the same planet.

To reinstall your laptop to the factory settings / "out of the box" settings, please follow these steps.

ALL DATA WILL BE ERASED ON YOUR HARD DRIVE IF YOU PROCEED. YOU WILL NEED TO ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE POWER ADAPTER PLUGGED IN. DO NOT SWITCH OFF OR RESTART YOUR COMPUTER DURING THIS PROCESS.

1) Hold down the power button for 10 (ten) seconds to switch off your machine.

Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.

2) Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook.

3) When the machine Starts beeping; release the 0 key.

4) When prompted by the warning screen; select Yes to continue with the system recovery.

5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software; click Next.

6) Select Recover to out-of-box state. Click Next again.

7) Click Next to Start recovery.

Good luck
A Man Posts 2 Registration date Thursday August 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 at 01:45 AM
I would have done this but I have a lot of files and videos that I need. Thanks for trying anyway. Can you please tell me a way to fix this without having to erase everything?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 24, 2012 at 04:54 AM
Sorry Man there isn't.
Blocked Profile
Aug 23, 2012 at 03:06 PM
Hi,

This may normally happen because of a WIM file loss or even loss of your bootsect.ini file.

The first thing that you can do is carrying out a repair. You will have to use your repair disk for completing this task. If you don't have it, get to a friend for creating it.

Place the disc and continue by rebooting your laptop. When it gets to the Toshiba logo, please press F12. You will now be having the booting options. With the disc in to it, it will normally come up with hdd, fdd, usb, and dvd drive/optical. Get to Dvd/Optical and press enter. You will hence have the cursor flash for some two seconds, you will find the prompt to hit any key to boot from the cd.

Before that it appears, press space bar.

You will now see that there are files loading at the status bar. Now, just follow the instructions and after the repairs, it will show to you that there has been a problem identified and that it needs to restart for fixing the trouble.

Click next for completion.

Hope this works for you.