Laptop shut down, wont turn on

Closed
adora_gal Posts 1 Registration date Friday October 26, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 26, 2012 - Oct 26, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 29, 2012 at 04:12 AM
Hello,

i have a problem with my laptop. I accidentally plugged in my charger to an extension plug which had electric problem. when i switched on the switch, my laptop immediately shut down and i cant turn on my laptop back. when i press the power on button back it there is no response from my laptop at all. the light in my charger is on if it is not connected to my laptop but the moment i connect it to the laptop the light goes off. PLEASE HELP ME !!! thank you =)
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 29, 2012 at 04:12 AM
Hi adora_gal,

The symptoms you have mentioned (i.e., the light on the AC adapter goes off as soon as it is plugged in the machine) indicates that the motherboard might have gone bad. As you have mentioned this problem started after you plugged in the computer to a faulty extension board, the faulty extension board might have caused a short circuit on the motherboard circuitry. This might require you to replace the motherboard.

Please reply if you have any further questions.