Folders Converted into a Shortcut External Hard Disk Files ? [Solved/Closed]

Salem Roubi 1 Posts Wednesday November 7, 2012Registration date November 7, 2012 Last seen - Nov 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM - Latest reply: Ambucias 55105 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus September 24, 2018 Last seen
- Nov 11, 2014 at 04:09 PM
i inserted my Ext,HDD in another computer , when I opened the explorer and got inside the HDD I saw all the Folders Converted into a Shortcut
i realized that's all made by a virus like (Trojan or some other damn viruses ) So I Deleted all the files , I open the hdd again there were only 1 hidden folder ( Recycle)
after that I thought that I will get them back if I checked the Folder Option ,the hidden files and folders option , then I disconnected the HDD and plugged again and I checked the size and I saw it is like what I knew it before so that means the HDD isn't empty or no files loses

I searched for a solutions and I tried to scan it on a many of Antiviruses such a (AVG Free 2013 , Avira .) there's alot that said you can try to download a software like :
(Auto Run Exterminator , Malware Bytes Anti Malware , Fix Win "to fix if there's any problems in my windows " , )
and you can like this things :
((How To Remove Shortcut Virus From Pendrives And Memory Cards))
here's the link below :
Deleted by a friendly moderator
i tried to write into the cmd , attributes like : attrib -h - s - r ...
but it give me a result of : file not found *.* ,file not found *.* ..... file not found *.*

Please from all the Experts I hope that you will trying to help me with this problem cuz I need everything inside it that I didn't Copy from it :)
9 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.
See more 

57 replies

Best answer
Ambucias 55105 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus September 24, 2018 Last seen - Nov 7, 2012 at 04:55 PM
Thank you
Hello,

Try this 1.

Check whether the files are not in hidden mode. Follow the following steps.

Step 1:

Click on the below link and download the file "AutorunExterminator"

http://ccm.net/download/download-11613-autorun-exterminator

Extract it --> Double-click on "AutorunExterminator" --> Plug your External

hard drive now.

This will remove the autorun.inf files from your External hard drive and also from

the drives.

Step 2:

Click on "Start" -->Run --> type cmd and click on OK.

Here I assume your External hard drive as G:

Enter this command.

attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

You can copy the above command --> Right-click in the Command Prompt and

paste it.

Note : Replace the letter g with your External hard drive letter.

Now check for your files in External Drive.

Step 3:

After that, download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the below link

http://ccm.net/download/download-105-malwarebytes-anti-malware

Update it --> Perform "Full Scan"

Note : Default selected option is "Quick Scan".

Good Luck.

Thank you, Ambucias 16

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1812 users this month

it worked thanks alot buddy
thanks it works
Hi, I don't know if anyone is still on here, but I've used this method and its worked for all of the .FILE's apart from one and I've tried everything to extract the files from it but it isn't working and I've tried everything but nothing has worked. Can someone help because it has my ICT coursework (ironic I know) in it and I really need it because I haven't made a recent back up of it.
Ambucias 55105 Posts Monday February 1, 2010Registration dateModeratorStatus September 24, 2018 Last seen - Nov 11, 2014 at 04:09 PM
You have not tried everything.

Download UsbFix on your computer, and launch it.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/
Thank you
didint work for me :( after I put in cmd attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.* it say acces denied K:\System Volume Information
2011N2 13385 Posts Saturday January 29, 2011Registration dateSecurity contributorStatus December 24, 2016 Last seen - Jan 4, 2014 at 10:17 AM
If it didn't work, open a new topic : http://ccm.net/forum/viruses-security-7/new
Thank you
attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:\*.*

the above worked a treat {substituting g: for whatever drive has the problem)

Used Avira Free antivirus to clean drive first

Final step...I deleted all the shortcuts as he folders were back

THANKS
Thanks but lt's not a permanent solution of the problem
Super...it worked like charm..thanks a lot dude...:)
Its not working....
its saw that the not recognition as an enternal or external cmd.
there's one way to get back your lose file let your hdd get a virus on other computer.. but not a very harmful pc.. only moderate virus then checked if it has a antivirus if it have turn off it.. then plug in your hdd that's all.. but don't forget .. don't plug it in first if antivirus is active...
if you want me to reply heres my facebook account.. kyadz llaguno just pm me
Thank you
Wow! All I can say is Thank You So much!!! :D
So, is it ok to delete the converted shortcut links?
Thank you
thankss a lotttt...you make my day...
Thank you
Hi. Just wanted to say a BIG Thank you!!! This worked for me
Thank you
thanks .....it works.....
Thank you
Thanks! It was a very perfect solution. It works for me. Thanks once again
krishnakp21 - Jan 2, 2014 at 06:22 AM
Thank you
it's worked for me .. Thanks alot............................ :D
Thank you