A virus has infected your flash drive and changed the names of your files to shortcuts. It becomes difficult to view files even after the virus is eradicated in this condition. Luckily, we will explain step-by-step how to address this issue in a few simple steps.
To fix files on flash drive changed to shortcuts:
Check if the files of the USB are not in hidden mode.
- Connect your USB stick, pendrive, or memory card to your PC
- Download Autorun Exterminator
- Extract and double-click on "AutorunExterminator" to launch it (It works in the background so you will see a cross icon in the notification bar)
Now we can start the repairing process:
- Click on the Windows icon on your desktop and type "cmd" in the search bar, and press enter
- Once the command prompt is opened, enter the command (if your drive is named G:, adapt otherwise):
- attrib G:\*.* /d /s -h -r -s
- Now check for your files on the USB stick, pendrive, or memory card
- Download the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, update it, perform a "Full Scan", and select the drive you want to scan
- Anydesk virus
- How to remove shortcut virus from hard disk [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- Pendrive shows only shortcuts [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- How To Remove Shortcut Virus On Computer [solved] > Forum - Viruses/Security
- How to remove shortcut virus from my PC and get my data back? > Forum - Viruses/Security
- USB drive showing shortcuts only > Guide
- How to delete Autorun.inf file
- Can a JPEG File contain a virus?
- How to remove the Search Baron virus on Mac
- How to remove Reimage PC Repair Online
- Remove VBS virus: manually, with an antivirus
- How to remove the Google Redirect virus: on PC, Mac
- URL manipulation attacks: example, measures
- Protect your personal data: avoid malware, password, VPN
- Check your phone for viruses: antivirus, for free, online
- Types of malware: attacks, viruses, spyware
- What is Joker malware and how to remove it?
- How to download WinZix: for PC
- How to get rid the Snap.do virus: manually, cleaning tools
- How to check an email address
- Nodersok Malware: what is it and how to protect your PC
- What is a replay attack and how to protect yourself from it?