Inspiron 1545 Dell laptop startup issue, QUICK RESPONSE PLEASE.

Closed
Mareko1 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 18, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 18, 2012 - Dec 18, 2012 at 02:27 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Dec 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Hello, so my Dell laptop was working great till last night when i turned it off and went to sleep, i woke up and when i clicked the power button, it turned on... loaded and went striaght to the boot menu, it didn't go to login screen or whatever... and when it gets at this boot menu its practically froze, yesterday i acidently poured some water on my keyboard... but i don't see how that would do this?

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Dec 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Hi Mareko1,

Yes, liquid spillage can cause such problem. Hoping the problem is limited only to the keyboard, you can isolate if the problem is with the keyboard. Do follow the below mentioned steps only if you are comfortable opening the chassis of the computer, otherwise take a technician's help:

1. Disconnect any power sources including the battery from the computer.
2. Press and hold the power button for at least 10-15 seconds.
3. Remove the keyboard. Check the link below for instructions on how to remove the keyboard on Inspiron 1545:

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-1545_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

4. Connect an external USB keyboard and check if the computer boots all the way to desktop.
5. If the computer boots to Windows desktop, replace the keyboard as the problem is with the keyboard itself.

Do reply with results.

Note: In case of expired warranty scenario or accidental damages, we would be able to provide limited support, which will not cover part replacement, software support and onsite technician.