Reason for "no Internet access"?

Closed
AndyF1963 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 4, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 4, 2013 - Jan 4, 2013 at 08:52 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 4, 2013 at 02:01 PM
Hello,

My daughter's Dell laptop, which is running Windows 7, is no longer able to connect to the Internet. The wifi connection to our broadband router is established, but in Network and Sharing Center it says that there is no Internet access for this connection. I have also tried using an Ethernet cable, but this makes no difference.

Other connections on the network - two iPads, a desktop, my son's laptop, TV and Sky box - all continue to connect and work as normal. It seems that the problem must be with the Dell laptop settings, but I can't work out what. I've reviewed a number of forums and tried a few of the more obvious checks, but still have the problem.

Has anyone else had a similar proble/know of a solution and can help me out, please?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Jan 4, 2013 at 02:01 PM
MY sister had this problem and I found that somehow a "proxy server" had been added to Internet Explorer. (perhaps by a virus) You can check by opening IE and click on Tools and then Internet options.

You might also check the security level and return it to the defaults.

Good Luck