Issue connecting lenovo ideapad to belkin router

Closed
tnjones Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 6, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 6, 2013 - Jan 6, 2013 at 01:17 AM
Pwn.Inc Posts 17 Registration date Thursday January 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2013 - Jan 10, 2013 at 04:24 AM
Hello,
So my in laws have a belkin router to provide wireless access. It works great, you just find the guest access signal, connect, pullup your browser and enter their password to get online. I use it just fine with my kindle fire, my phone, and my desktop. We never could get it to connect to the wii but hey, it never bothered us. But today I brought over my brand new laptop and it isn't gaing access to the Internet. It connects with limited connectivity but the webpage to enter the password never comes up. My laptop connected at my house with no problems. Ive tried taking down my firewall but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Btw I'm not sure if it makes a difference but my desktop runs windows vista and my laptop is running windows 8.
Related:

1 response

Pwn.Inc Posts 17 Registration date Thursday January 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 4, 2013
Jan 10, 2013 at 04:24 AM
HI tnjones,

Try forgot network and reconnect again. and enter password if it's Protected.

To Forgot network : Go to Open network and sharing Center > managed wireless network > find your wifi name and remove it.