Connected to the internet, but no internet access

Closed
manders Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2013 - Apr 9, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Apr 11, 2013 at 01:23 AM
Hello,

My laptop shows that I am connected to the internet but a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark shops up saying I have no internet access. I have had technicians in from a phone company, and they said it was fixed but I am still having trouble. I have scanned the computer for viruses, malware and spyware and it detected 2 dangerous threats which were removed. Since then I am able yo connect to the internet but only for a short amount of time before the triangle pops up again. I have also tried doing the diagnostics and it says there was no problems found! The phone company said they cannot help me because it shows on their end that everything is fine (believe it or not). Someone please help!!!

3 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 10, 2013 at 01:28 AM
Hi manders,

In order to assist you with this problem, I would like to know the following details from you:

1. Are the network drivers updated?
2. Which type of connection you are using wired/wireless?
3. Exact System Model Number of your Laptop.
4. Details of the Windows Operating System installed in your laptop (such as, Windows XP, 7, 32-bit, 64-bit, etc.).
5. Any Hardware/Software changes made recently to the computer.

Please do write back to us.
manders Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday April 9, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 10, 2013
Apr 10, 2013 at 06:37 PM
Hello zohaib, we have recently switched internet providers, that would be the only change. The laptop I have is an acer aspire. Windows 7 is is the operating system and I am using a wireless connection. Thanks!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Apr 11, 2013 at 01:23 AM
Hi manders,

The most probable cause of this issue is problematic link scanning functions in various antivirus/malware software packages. Try disabling any link scanning components in your antivirus/malware software package, then restart the computer and check for Internet access.

Look for a Web "link scanner" or "web shield" component in your antivirus/malware package and temporarily disable it, then restart your computer and check to see if the problem still exists.

If the issue still remains, disable and then re-enable antivirus software.

Do reply with results.