Not allowing Internet even though I'm connected

Closed
Yankits88 Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013 - Apr 26, 2013 at 09:11 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Apr 30, 2013 at 05:10 PM
My laptop is only 3 months old, windows 8, and It says I'm connected to my network with 4 bars. When I load up sites it does without any problems but then I go to do anything and it says site not responding. Every site it does this, even being right next to the router. I go to yahoo to check my email and it loads my inbox, but as soon as I go to open an email it says yahoo not responding! Very frustrated considering it has been fine up to this point
Any help would be appreciated, I'm about ready to brake the laptop out of frustration!

5 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 28, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Hold the "Windows key" and press the "R" key. "Run" will be opened.

Type cmd and press Enter. "Command Prompt" will be opened.

Now enter the below command

ipconfig /flushdns --> Press Enter.

2) Try deleting all the cookies etc

For Internet Explorer :

Hold the Ctrl & Shift buttons and press the "Delete" key.

When "Delete Browsing History" appears, select all the options and click on

"Delete" button.

For Firefox :

Hold the "Ctrl and Shift" keys and press the "Delete" key. "Clear Recent History"

will be opened. In "Time range to clear", select "Everything" from the

drop-down menu. Now select all the options under "Details" and click on

"Clear Now".

3) Open the browser without add-ons.

For Internet Explorer :

Right-click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Select the option "Start without

"Add-ons".

For Firefox :

Open the browser --> Click on "Help" --> Restart with Add-ons Disabled.

4) Temporary disable your antivirus and check if you are able to browse.

Good Luck
Yankits88 Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013
Apr 29, 2013 at 05:44 AM
I appreciate a response, I tried everything and it seems to still do it, I'm stumped
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 29, 2013 at 06:47 AM
Hello,
Let me know the browser you are using. Have you tried any other browser? Let me know the entire error message.
Good Luck
Yankits88 Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2013
Apr 29, 2013 at 03:38 PM
The browser is windows Internet explorer, for example I go to yahoo mail try to sign in and at the bottom of the page it says yahoo.com is not responding and the icon at the top I spinning trying to work. It seems that I can go to any search engine no problem but as soon as I go to a site it says the same thing at the bottom

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Apr 30, 2013 at 05:10 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Try resetting your "Internet Explorer".

Click on the below hyperlink "Reset Internet Explorer settings" and follow the

instructions

Reset Internet Explorer settings

Follow the instructions given under "Let me reset Internet Explorer myself"

for "Windows 8".

Good Luck