No sound device

Closed
saniii Posts 1 Registration date Saturday April 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 27, 2013 - Apr 27, 2013 at 03:05 PM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Apr 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Hello,

right click "my computer"click "manage"click "device manager"click "sound,video and game controller
open(audio codes,legacy audio driver,legacy video capture device,media control devices,video codes. i can choose any of them it shows this device is working properly.i go to start menu, setting,control panel select sound and audio "it showes "no sound device" i don't understand whats going on my video device is working properly.but there is no sound
my computer.. in services "windows audio" tab also says "started" and is turn automatic but still there is no sound in my computer..plz help

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 28, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers etc will be installed after installing the

OS. All those that you have mentioned provide support to your "Audio Driver".

You need to install the "Audio Drivers". If you have successfully installed the

driver then along with those you have mentioned you will be seeing "Realtek

Audio driver (If you audio chipset is Realtek) etc.

Go to your motherboard manufacture's website, download the audio drivers and

install it. If you have no idea regarding you mother board then follow the below

instructions.

Click on the below link and download the file

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Extract it --> Double-click on CPUZ --> Click on "Mainboard" tab. Let us know the

Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge.Click on the "CPU"

tab and let me know the "Package".

Also let us know the "Operating System" you are using.

Good Luck