Booting problem

Closed
EMMANUEL F. FALEY Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 24, 2013 - May 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - May 24, 2013 at 01:37 PM
my computer can accept power but refuse to boot.I check the RAM, but still it does not want to boot. The computer does not give any sound

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 24, 2013 at 01:37 PM
Hi EMMANUEL F. FALEY,

Try the steps below to isolate the point of failure in your computer:

1. Disconnect any peripherals/devices connected to the Tower and remove all power connections from the computer. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to remove any Flea Power from the computer. Reconnect the power connection, keyboard, mouse and monitor and perform below mentioned steps.
2. You have mentioned that the computer is receiving power so press the power button on the tower and monitor. Check the Power LED status on Monitor and the tower.
3. If desktop power light(s) and monitor light(s) are both on and are normal and no video is on the screen, press CAPS lock key on the keyboard and check if the light on the keyboard toggles on/off. If the lights toggle this indicates a video failure.
4. If not responding, the issue might be POST (Power On Self Test) failure.
5. You have mentioned you removed the Memory Modules (RAM) from the computer, did you hear any beeps when powering on the computer without RAM?

Note: Step 5 requires you to open the computer chassis and work with internal components, perform this step only if you are comfortable, else seek a technicians help.

These steps are specific to desktop computers only, you have not mentioned whether you have a desktop or a laptop so I have provided steps for desktop computer. These steps will help you isolate the problem as No Power, No POST or No Video issue. For further troubleshooting, please reply with the System Configuration of the computer or the exact System Model Number.