No ip adress, no internet

Closed
Stros - Feb 19, 2009 at 01:06 PM
 caleymcp - Feb 19, 2009 at 06:04 PM
Hello,
We have had our computer for about 2 years now. We believe it had a virus and crashed... we completely rebooted but could not find out original discs that came with the computer. When we were done rebooting the internet said it was connected but it was not... and it was not reading any ip address even when put in manually. We live in an apartment and all the computers go to one modem. We have tried everything... ipconfig is not working. We are not computer wizzes but we know what we are doing. I can not got on the internet so I can not download any drivers from there... does anyone have any idea what we could do?? please help! we can not afford to buy another computer at the current moment. thank you.

1 response

the best suggestion i can think of is a system restore...in your start menu...go to all programs...accessories...system tools and then low and behold system restore. think of the last time your computer worked properly and use that date to restore it to. it won't hurt the computer but try not to do it a million times and save anything you may have done between today and the restore date. good luck!