Can't/Unable to recover Toshiba Satellite U305-S7446

Closed
jehuty Posts 1 Registration date Thursday May 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 30, 2013 - May 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM
TechMate Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday May 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013 - Jun 6, 2013 at 09:37 PM
Hi,

Model is stated above. I have 2 discs that comes with the laptop that is used to recover it.

Here is what I do:

1. insert disc 1
2. shutdown laptop
3. hold down "C" and open laptop
4. screen goes to black blank with a "_" blinking at upper left corner
5. screen goes to black screen with "windows files loading" at the bottom with a gray bar filling up from left to right.
6. screen goes to a black screen with a small bar with a green thingy that fills from left to right and a "Microsoft corporation" written below it.
7. screen goes to a black blank screen with my mouse arrow in the middle.
8. THATS IT! nothing happens after it.

I pressume after step 7 I should be seeing an option that tells me to pick from 2 options whether to "use toshiba recovery wizard" and another one that I forgot what is.

Please help. What should I do or maybe have done?

PS: before all these things happend, I was able to to delete my hard disk first(there was an option somewhere there I remember). After deleting it, I was also able to "partition" my disks BUT something interupted it and the computer stated that an error accord and I should click the exit button to shut it down. After shutting it down. THIS now happend as stated above...i am only able to do until step 7....and I am stuck there cause there is nothing happening after it.
Related:

1 response

TechMate Posts 11 Registration date Wednesday May 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 21, 2013 3
Jun 6, 2013 at 09:37 PM
On machines with the F key numbers on the top edge of the keys and in White:
* Press and hold the 0 (zero) key and power up the laptop.
* Release the 0 (zero) key when the recovery warning screen appears.

On machines with the F key numbers on the bottom edge of the keys and in Gray:
* Power up the laptop.
* When the initial TOSHIBA screen displays, press the F12 key to enter the boot menu.
* Use the arrow keys to select the HDD Recovery option and press the enter key to begin.

The TOSHIBA recovery wizard warning screen appears stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and the original factory software image will be rewritten. If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
After you are sure you have everything you want from the laptop saved, click Yes.
When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens, the default and recommended option is "Recovery of Factory Default Software".
After selecting your desired recovery method, select Next.
On the next screen you may have recovery method options. The default and recommended method is to Recover to Out of Box state.
Select next to continue.
Follow the on screen instructions as you navigate through the system recovery steps.
The laptop will restart multiple times and install the needed components.