My Internet says its connected but only letting me use downloads

Closed
Willowtimes Posts 1 Registration date Thursday June 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 27, 2013 - Jun 27, 2013 at 09:23 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Jun 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Well my Hp Windows XP Desktop from 2001 says its connected to the Internet but it is not letting my go on my web browsers only letting me use downloaded files I already have. I really want this fixed because I am tired of messing with the hard drive and files and such because I don't wanna break the computer. I have tried uninstalling unneeded files that I have downloaded, I have defraged the disk, and tried searching for the CMD, it's just not working and it's making me upset, can you please tell me how to fix this?

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Jun 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Right click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Click on "Properties" --> Click on

"Connections" tab --> Click on LAN settings button. In that window uncheck all

the options, if you notice any option selected.

2) Temporary disable your Antivirus\Firewall and check if you are able to access

3) If the problem still exist then

Click on Start --> Run --> Type cmd and press Enter.

"Command Prompt" will be opened. Now enter the below command.

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

Reboot your computer.

Good Luck