Problem with dell inspiron N 5050

Closed
shagufta siddiqui Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 24, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 24, 2013 - Aug 24, 2013 at 08:40 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Oct 2, 2013 at 09:03 PM
hello
i hv dell inspiron N 5050
since yesterday I had problm dat as I power switch on the laptop it begins with either 1 beep or sometimes 2 beep and displays on it black screen windows boot manager
and my numerals 1, 3 and q e and F12 F5 mute backspace and spacebar leys jave suddenly stopped responding
and as soon as I open any folder it says to transfer the content to recycle bin n neither it gets easily cancelled n when I tap over yes it says the following content cannot be located
how can I fix it?? Please.
Related:

15 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 25, 2013 at 04:53 AM
Hi shagufta siddiqui,

From the symptoms you have mentioned the problem seems to be like a virus attack. Please try to boot the computer into the "Safe Mode". To boot to the "Safe Mode":

1. Power on/restart the computer.
2. After initial startup screen start tapping F8 key.
3. From the options that appear on the screen, please select "Safe Mode".

Keep the computer logged into the "Safe Mode" and check if the problem occurs. If the problem of moving your files to the "Recycle Bin" doesn't occur, repeat Steps 1 and 2 and this time in step 3 select "Safe Mode with Networking". Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials. After the download and update is complete, please run a thorough scan on the computer.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
shagufta siddiqui
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM
hi
thnx for ur reply, I tried wat u told n I successfully did step 1 n 2 n my problem regarding those error msgs.....move the content to recycle bin is thankfully solved but as u told in 3rd step....i downloaded the link Microsoft security expertise n tried to update that virus and spyware definitions but unfortunately the update isnt completing......i tried alot but it didnt :(
therefore I cunt scan my computer...n my problem regarding keys is still persisting but e and q started working for a while but again it stopped
is there any other alternative??? plz help :(
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Hi shagufta siddiqui,

It is not necessary that the virus/spyware is causing the keyboard problem. This could be an actual issue with the keyboard. As you are not able to update the virus/malware definition in Microsoft Security Essentials, please try the other anti-virus/anti-malware solutions. Please check the below mentioned hyperlink to download and update other anti-virus applications:

Updating your antivirus/anti-malware without internet connection

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
shagufta siddiqui
Aug 30, 2013 at 05:08 AM
hello,
unfortunately im not able to do anything cz as soon as I switch on the power button, its not giving any beeps
rarely it gives 1 n displays 3 LEDs n then windows boot manager opens up
n keyboard is completely dead and only escape key is working n again n again this same thing appears on screen even if I try to escape dis page
at times windows start up bt not even windows is starting now
n I thought the issue might b with keyboard but no cz even wen I connected another keyboard via usb only esc key was working
so wat to do now??
there is no dell service centre in my city :( n my warranty period has already expired
Aug 30, 2013 at 09:53 AM
Hi shagufta siddiqui,

Thank you for explaining the situation. As the keyboard is not functional try connecting a USB keyboard to the computer and perform the Dell ePSA. Click the below mentioned hyperlink to know how to run Dell ePSA on your computer:

Diagnose Hardware Issues on Your Dell Computer

This step will determine if there is any hardware problem. If everything is fine with the hardware, we will proceed with the Operating System troubleshooting.

As your computer is out of warranty, I would be able to provide limited support, which will not cover part replacement, software support and onsite technician.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
shagufta siddiqui
Sep 26, 2013 at 05:01 PM
hii
iv replaced my older keyboard with new dell inspiron N5050 keyboard
formated my system
installed new anti virus quick heal total security
scanned it
my lapy worked fine fr 2-3 days,
again it has cm up wid the same issue
k and f5 nt working
nw wat to do??
Sep 26, 2013 at 06:07 PM
Hi shagufta siddiqui,

In my previous response I had requested you to run Dell Diagnostics on your Inspiron Laptop. What are results of the tests?

If you need guidance on how to run the diagnostics, please watch this video:

Diagnose Hardware Issues on Your Dell Computer

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
iv ran dell ePSA n no hardware probem detected
Sep 27, 2013 at 05:53 PM
Hi shagufta,

If all the tests have passed in Dell Diagnostics, it indicates there is no major hardware failure in this computer. Try the below mentioned steps and check if the keyboard works fine:

12. Please start the computer and enter System Setup (BIOS). To enter System Setup hit the F2 when the computer starts.
13. Restore System Setup fields to Defaults.
14. Shut down the computer and disconnect Battery, AC Adapter and external devices.
15. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release the power button.
16. Re-connect the AC Adapter and Battery only and power on the computer.
17. When computer boots to Windows press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
18. Run dialog box will be displayed.
19. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
20. Expand "Keyboards", right click the listed keyboard(s) and select "Uninstall".
21. Restart the computer and wait for the keyboard drivers to load.
22. Check the functionality of the keyboard now.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
hi
fortunately my F2 worked n I ran diagnostics which your last response but
there is no change in functionality of keyboard
k and upward arrow is still dead. As earlier as soon as I start computer
windows does not starts normally rather windows boot manager opens up showing 3 leds ( right, left,left )
wat to do now??
hello sir,
i haven't received any response in last 2 days. Need your assistance so please reply.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 29, 2013 at 06:14 PM
Zohaid R will return online tomorrow.

You can write him a private message here:

https://ccm.net/profile/user/Zohaib+R

Thanks for your patience
Sep 30, 2013 at 08:29 PM
Hi shagufta,

I am sorry for the delayed response. To me the problem seems with the Operating System some application, virus, malware, etc. is causing the Operating System to malfunction. Please check in the Safe Mode if there any success.

hello sir,
i tried safe mode bt no improvement
Oct 1, 2013 at 07:27 PM
Hi shagufta,

Does an external USB keyboard works fine?

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
hi
actually I dnt hv external USB keyboard r8 now bt il try it soon n inform u
I wanna ask is there any way by which I cud check the warranty of my newly replaced dell inspiron keyboard?
plz reply
Oct 2, 2013 at 09:03 PM
Hi shagufta,

Did you purchase the keyboard from Dell Out of Warranty Repair team or Dell Spare Parts Sale team?

Does the computer have an active warranty? You can check the warranty status here (Enter the service tag, click submit and check for the warranty status). If you want to know more about warranty services watch this video.