Cannot access any internet page at all

Closed
DespinaL Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2013 - Nov 13, 2013 at 06:25 AM
 Blocked Profile - Nov 14, 2013 at 09:20 AM
Hello,

I am using Windows 8 and so far I had no problem with using internet at all. Suddenly I cannot visit any internet page at all although my connection works fine. I tried both IE and Firefox and I see the same error every time I try to visit a page: "this page is not secure". I select "ignore and proceed" but still, the same message appears again.

many thanks for your help in advance. Regards.

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Nov 13, 2013 at 09:19 AM
Hang in there....Let us look at the simple stuff first...

Is your clock correct on your pc?

DespinaL Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday November 13, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 at 04:49 AM
Hello,

Clock and date is fine. In fact I noticed yesterday that access to all internet sites is now given. The only problem is when I click to "Gmail" tab from the Google page. It prompts a message that this page is not secure and it is asking me if I wish to proceed by acknowledging the risk. And If I click on "ignore and proceed" then it works. It must be something with the certificates but I cannot know what to do.

Many thanks for your help and regards.
Blocked Profile
Nov 14, 2013 at 09:20 AM
OK, What version of IE are you using? YOu may have neen upgraded to Version 10 or 11. Go back to 9 and see if it works. Go to Control panel, installed updates. Click on unistll an update. Select the version of IE you wish to remove. It will go back to 9. I just had to do this on my machines as the 11 version was pushed on the latest "Microsoft Tuesday" (microsoft update day).