WD Passport

Closed
jin1218114 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2014 - Jan 7, 2014 at 12:56 AM
jin1218114 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2014 - Jan 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Hi. I got a problem with my WD Passport 1.5GB hard drive and wondering someone could help me with this problem.

I've been using the hard drive without any problem until the hard drive locked itself out.
I have set the password and I remember what the password is but my computer doesn't read the hard drive anymore. If I could access to my hard drive in WD SmartWare, I would be able to unlock it right away but I don't see my hard drive in WD SmartWare in the first place.

Recently, I unplugged my hard drive from my computer and brought it to my mom's place during vacation. I tried to open the hard drive but my mom's computer couldn't recognize it. So I thought that maybe I've locked with the password on my computer so that's why other computers are not reading my hard drive. But when I came back to my home and plugged it into my old computer it doesn't read the hard drive any more. When it's connected, my hard drive is supposed to show the current capacity of the files I got by lighting up the bars. (It's divided into four bars.) But it doesn't show me anything but a lock icon below the bars.

I've been searching all the Internet but couldn't find a solution.

If anyone knows how to make this work, please lend me a hand. I got close to 1TB worth of file inside which I don't wanna lose.

1 response

Vedant Karandikar Posts 10 Registration date Monday January 6, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 4, 2014 1
Jan 7, 2014 at 06:39 AM
which method did you use to lock the drive
jin1218114 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 7, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 7, 2014
Jan 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I just set a password when I was installing WD SmartWare. After that, I have never locked the device myself. I just unplugged it from my computer and connected with other computer and it didn't work since.