Gateway laptop.

Closed
Evy_luvs_u Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 19, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 19, 2014 - Mar 19, 2014 at 02:51 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Mar 19, 2014 at 03:19 PM
I have a gateway laptop, model EG70. I turn it on and there is the usual loading screen. All of a sudden a blue screen that says, "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." pops up. After a minute or two the screen just goes black. The laptop is still on though because you could hear the fan running. I don't know what to do. This happens every time I try to turn on the laptop. It's been doing this for about a week now. Please help! :)
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 19, 2014 at 03:19 PM
There are many possibilities:
1. A hard drive failure in the physical area holding the Windows software
2. A motherboard failure in the hardware controlling the hard drive.
3. A Windows OS software error.
4. A failure in one of the memory modules.

If you have the Windows DVD or a backup your burned. You can try starting the computer from the optical drive and doing a Windows repair. That has a small chance of finding a software problem.

The hardware problems are best left to a local repair shop to find/fix.

Good Luck