Toshiba Help

Closed
nyx.hallow Posts 3 Registration date Saturday June 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2014 - Jun 14, 2014 at 07:27 AM
nyx.hallow Posts 3 Registration date Saturday June 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2014 - Sep 2, 2014 at 06:30 PM
Within the last two months, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5340 that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. I got it secondhand, from a pawn shop down the street, but it was in excellent condition and I had no trouble out of it. Within the past week, I'd upgraded to Windows 8.1 free of charge because Windows kept suggesting that I upgrade for a better experience. It was only a few days ago that my computer started to act bizarre and I began looking for solutions to the issue.

First, I tried the complete system restore by holding down 0 upon start-up. The dialogue box that asks if you'd like to go into the restore appears and I click yes but then it continues to restart over and over again. I've seen videos and blocks of text on the autorepair loop and thought that was what the problem was, but none of the "fixes" seemed to work for me.

There is also a blue screen that appears with a frown emoticon and a message that says something similar to "You're computer ran into a problem. We're just collecting date for you and then we'll restart." Before I can copy down the error log message, the screen goes black and the whole process starts over again.

I've tried using a recovery disk I got onto a flash drive but it doesn't seem to be working either. It's gotten to the point I was debating opening the computer or taking it to the shop I got it from to see if they can help me. However, if there's a fix that I can do myself to get it back up and running I'd prefer to do it that way so I don't have to spend money I don't have.

Thanks in advance.

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Sep 2, 2014 at 05:56 PM
Another Toshiba issue!

When will people stop buying Toshiba?

My guess is that the recovery partition was corrupted and so the entire file system.

I suggest you used this tool to repair:

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/6941-hiren-s-bootcd-iso/

If that does not work for you, you will need recovery disk to be purchased from Toshiba.

Good luck
nyx.hallow Posts 3 Registration date Saturday June 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2014
Sep 2, 2014 at 06:30 PM
Thanks a ton! I'll try it.
nyx.hallow Posts 3 Registration date Saturday June 14, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 2, 2014
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:01 PM
Does nobody have any suggestions over the course of action I should follow here?