Problems connecting to Internet

Closed
Fechina Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 9, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 10, 2009 - Mar 10, 2009 at 03:13 PM
wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 - Mar 10, 2009 at 04:16 PM
Hello,

I have a new Linksys router WRT54gs and a HP PC.
The router is getting a strong signal but I am unable to get on the internet with WEP security. I tried using the cable and it does the same thing, shows connected but no Internet connection...This was working fine until AT&T came out to fix the phone lines and now I can't get the computer in my office connected...The front computer is connected to AT&T's modem...I connected the back system using the router which worked prior to them comimg out....Pls help..

1 response

wires and plugs Posts 51 Registration date Monday January 26, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 24, 2010 10
Mar 10, 2009 at 04:16 PM
If the front computer is connected to AT&T's modem with a USB and the router is connected to an RJ-45 Jack on the modem then the modem might only be recognizing the USB attached computer. The other day I hooked up a Laptop to the USB connection on my comcast cable modem and my router also a wrt54gs hooks to the ethernet jack on same modem. I have 4 computers hooked to my router and all of them lost their internet connection. I disconnected the Laptop USB and I got the internet back on the other 4 computers. At least try unplugging everything and retrying. If your modem has a battery backup then there should be a little recessed button on the back to reset it. Hope this helps.