External Hard Drive

Closed
KingslyKiuwou Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday November 25, 2014 Status Member Last seen November 25, 2014 - Nov 25, 2014 at 07:58 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Nov 25, 2014 at 09:38 AM
Hi,
I have files in my external hard disk that are hidden but are showing in the used capacity. How can I access these files and folders?
Please help me as I am not a computer expert.
Thanks
Related:

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Nov 25, 2014 at 09:38 AM
Hey KingslyKiuwou. Try changing the folder options to see if the files and folders show up. For Windows 7 click on the start menu button and write "folder options" (this is the same for Windows 8, but instead of the start menu, just click the Windows key and search it there), then open the folder options and click on the second tab "View" and there mark this option "Show hidden files, folders and drives". After that click OK and see if the folders are visible in your drive.
If that doesn't help, this my be due to a virus or malware, so I'd suggest that you update your anti-virus program's database and run a full scan.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative