Connected to router but no internet on desktop?

Closed
sabrina - Dec 11, 2014 at 12:37 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 11, 2014 at 01:28 PM
Hello,

I have my desktop connected to my router but i cannot access the internet?? I am getting internet on my laptop, phones, etc. but my desktop that is connected by wire is not working. It was working a few hours ago but then I decided to rearrange the wires so I unplugged a few things but re-plugged them again and now it is not working. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? Thank you! Using a belkin router and running windows 7 on desktop (if matters).

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 11, 2014 at 01:28 PM
We will need to know how your wires are currently connected. We have no idea what those "few wires" were. Do you have a separate modem and router? there should be one wire connected between the modem and the router (using the WAN port) and one wire from the router to the desktop.

Perhaps if you disconnected the power to to router (keep it off for 60 seconds) that will reset the unit.

Good Luck