My computer is resisting internet connection

Closed
Katelyn - Dec 25, 2014 at 04:23 PM
 Katelyn - Dec 25, 2014 at 08:51 PM
Recently I bought I new desktop, me and my husband set it up and it worked fine and dandy, until this happened:
I personalised it as instructed, reset my Wifi router (Just in case), and disabled internet from everything, including my iPhone, my iPad and my 3Ds, turned them all OFF completely then sat down to install all my program's. Just when I clicked on the 'internet explorer' icon, it loaded up And showed the Bing homepage, fine right? I searched up something, the page loaded fine once again, and I clicked on one of the results, the page wouldn't load and said that the page was unavailable, I know it wasn't just that page because anything beyond that point wouldn't work. I restarted the computer ENTIRELY (Refreshed it) thinking it would help, put in all the info and such, but this time the internet won't connect at all. The desktop downstairs has no problem connecting and it's a poorer variety. I entered the password again and it wouldn't work, I tried it a few more times but to no avail, I checked the password, the router everything, still nothing. I did as instructed on the trouble shooter and the info page, the problem is they're pointing out my computer isn't plugged in to the router, but since it's a wireless router I shouldn't have to and it didn't come with any wires as such. I tried it the next day because I thought it would work then but still nothing.
EXTRA INFO:
Windows 8.1
Build 9600
Microsoft
Every other device in the household is getting WiFi perfectly, it's only my new desktop that is being rather annoying about it
Any thing would be a great help so thank you if you do reply to this, I'll keep a close eye on it for now :)
*this has nothing to do with my internet connection, because at the time there were 1-2 bars, it still should've run fine, and on the second day it was full connection*
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 25, 2014 at 05:34 PM
Most desktops don't have wifi build in to them. Are you sure yours does?

Can you give us the make and model?
What I meant by that is it won't connect to my wifi router :P
But the make is Zoostorm