July 3, 2015
-
Registration date
Tuesday June 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 3, 2015
-
Hello, i am piggybacking off my friends internet with a cloned modem and everything was working great from the start. 3 days ago while in the middle of downloading a few thing that were going well 1mps or more the internet just stopped working. it shows connected to a pc and 2 phones and the modem shows 4 green lights and 1 orange flashing indicating sending or receiving internet and the router shows blue aswell but i have no internet. idk what to do at this point. im manually reset both, checked cables and po6wwr chords, and even went to belkins site to factory reset it that way incase the was a bad update. i have also plugs directly in to both router to pc and modem to pc with the same result. any ideas???

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
Please define "piggybacking"

It could be your ISP has discovered that there are two modems with the same MAC address and shut one (or both) down.
Registration date
Tuesday June 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 3, 2015

im beginning to think thats the problem. i bought a new router, cloned computer mac address,and pretty much every other "solution" on the internet. by piggybacking i mean stealing so to speak. i go half in with my friend so basically have a cloned modem so to speak. guess im shit out of luck unless anyone knows how to change the modems mac address