No internet connection

Closed
pensioner Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2015 - Aug 9, 2015 at 03:34 AM
pensioner Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2015 - Aug 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM
Hi,new here so please be patient :)

I bought a ASUS laptop 3 months ago and out of the blue had no internet connection. I cant remember the original error but have had different ones every time I try to connect. I did a system restore but no fix. Been in touch with Amazon as that's where I bought it, cant get a refund because it was supplied by another seller via amazon. Contacted said seller who sent me to ASUS tech support. I am a complete technophobe a. they sent me a link to download a network card .... great but how do I get it onto my new laptop from this my old one ?
The seller advised resetting the laptop which I did and of course it is asking me to install windows but I have no internet connection so cannot do this.
I'm sorry this is so long but I'm honestly stuck I just don't know how to achieve transferring the driver to new computer any help would be appreciated . thank you in advance

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 9, 2015 at 12:46 PM
I appears that you have really messed up the computer if it now wants you to reinstall Windows. You might have had a malware infection that disabled your Internet connection or a hardware failure with the network chip.
Drivers just don't fail and need replacement.

At this point you need a friend with extensive PC experience or the help of a good PC repair shop.

It's possible that you will need to buy a USB wifi adapter to replace the broken/disabled part.

Good luck
pensioner Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 14, 2015
Aug 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM
oh flippin eck , well thank you very much for your response , I don't understand wht the asus techs sent me a download link for network card if its not boing to fix it :( I will try find a pc repair but I live in Spain and shamefully I don't speak Spanish well enough to explain to them