External not working after crash

Closed
jpl89 - Aug 10, 2015 at 10:01 PM
 jpl89 - Aug 11, 2015 at 10:53 AM
Hello,

Yesterday I was transferring data from my pc to my external when it crashed, Blue Screen of Death. This morning I plugged in my external to make sure everything transferred and my computer did not detect it at all. There was no "plug in" sound when I connected, but I do hear the drive spinning, so I know it gets power. I run it through an eSATA wire that I recently bought.
I've checked Device Manager, Disk Manager, Devices and Printers... nothing. I've even used DM to reset my ports. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

2 responses

karel.izaac Posts 15 Registration date Wednesday July 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 8, 2017 1
Aug 11, 2015 at 01:00 AM
At times one can hear the drive spinning, but it never pops up it may or may not be dead. to know the extent of damage one has to manually check. You can check it via BIOS if the hdd is primary. Turn on the system and enter BIOS- Navigate and you could see what and which type of drives are connected to the system. You can see this under the Advance Menu Settings or the Boot settings.

Hope this helps you
Will checking the BIOS still work if it's not the primary?