Windows 10 not working

Closed
Julie - Aug 26, 2015 at 11:51 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 27, 2015 at 06:16 PM
Hello,

I use Coowon browser. I was running Windows 8.1 Pro and downloaded Windows 10 when it was offered to me for free. It worked for about a week and now when I left click on the Start Menu Window in the lower left of my task bar nothing happens. If I right click I do get a very basic list, and I mean basic. No programs just things like task manager, run, search (that will not open), programs and features, etc. Also there are other icons on my task bar that do not work. I no longer have the Windows 8.1 desktop menu or the ability to swipe in that mini menu from the right side. My system does say I have Windows 10, but I have none of the features. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please. I tried to call MS and after being on hold for 4 hours I gave up. Thank you.

Julie

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2015 at 04:44 PM
Did the 10 come from a Microsoft update, or from a third party?
j.tedesco Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday August 26, 2015 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2015
Aug 27, 2015 at 12:34 PM
Good Afteroon ac3mark;

The upgrade I received was the one that was sent to my computer by Microsoft. I had the familiar little window appear (square made of 4 squares) on the bottom right of my task bar. Once I clicked on it, I was offered the free upgrade which was to be released July 29th. I chose to accept. On the 29th of July I checked my email and the information was there from Microsoft for me to do the download. I followed the instructions explicitly and as I said it worked well for about a week. After that first week nothing worked properly. I cannot get any results when I left click on my start menu, I cannot type in the gray box that is beside the start menu "Search the web and Windows". There is a icon on the lower right of my task bar that says "New Notifications" that when I left click it will not open. When I right click on it, I get the choices of

A.) Open Action Center
B.) Turn on Quiet Hours

I have to right click to do anything at all with my volume.

Please if you have any further questions that can help me figure out how to resolve this, do not hesitate in asking. I do not know what else to do. Thank you so much for replying to my question.

Julie
Blocked Profile
Aug 27, 2015 at 05:13 PM
OK, I wanted to make certain we werre dealing with a valid install!
Blocked Profile
Aug 27, 2015 at 06:16 PM
OK, try this, do not try to click anywhere, and just start typing, what happens?