No sound from speakers

Closed
gurget Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday September 9, 2015 Status Member Last seen September 9, 2015 - Sep 9, 2015 at 08:30 PM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Sep 10, 2015 at 02:03 AM
I'm in process of adapting a refurbished desktop HP pc to play digital files from my old cd collection. All going well well- except that the sound is coming only from the built in speaker! I plugged a wye connection cable with 3.5 mm plug into the light green audio jack on the pc (it was marked with a tunes icon) and at the other end of the cable (the two RCA plugs into the aux. stereo jacks on my receiver). First problem: this plug-in did not silence the internal speakers in the pc; 2nd problem: no sound comes from the room speakers. I don't find any switch on the pc that would kill the internal speakers, but I can probably work around that. The one that has me stumped is the failure to get any sound from the room speakers; I've tried cranking up the output on everything available - no help; tried the audio plugs in the phono, CD, tape input jacks - no change. Rechecked the tightness of all plug/jack connections, and determined that the room speakers and the audio receiver/amplifier are working (from the radio function and phono output)

Thinking about trying a different pc to help isolate the problem. Any ideas and/or insights will be greatly appreciated
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 10, 2015 at 02:03 AM
From my thought, you don't have drivers for Audio, if you able, also post the screen shot of your device manager in image hosting website like https://imgur.com/ or https://postimages.org/ and post the link here.

To Start Device Manager:

1) Open the run command by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key ("Run")
2) Type devmgmt.msc

3) You'll now see a window similar to the following:

<signature>Hardware Technician
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you </span>