September 9, 2015
-
Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
-
I'm in process of adapting a refurbished desktop HP pc to play digital files from my old cd collection. All going well well- except that the sound is coming only from the built in speaker! I plugged a wye connection cable with 3.5 mm plug into the light green audio jack on the pc (it was marked with a tunes icon) and at the other end of the cable (the two RCA plugs into the aux. stereo jacks on my receiver). First problem: this plug-in did not silence the internal speakers in the pc; 2nd problem: no sound comes from the room speakers. I don't find any switch on the pc that would kill the internal speakers, but I can probably work around that. The one that has me stumped is the failure to get any sound from the room speakers; I've tried cranking up the output on everything available - no help; tried the audio plugs in the phono, CD, tape input jacks - no change. Rechecked the tightness of all plug/jack connections, and determined that the room speakers and the audio receiver/amplifier are working (from the radio function and phono output)

Thinking about trying a different pc to help isolate the problem. Any ideas and/or insights will be greatly appreciated

1 reply

Registration date
Friday February 6, 2015
Status
Last seen
July 18, 2016
From my thought, you don't have drivers for Audio, if you able, also post the screen shot of your device manager in image hosting website like https://imgur.com/ or https://postimages.org/ and post the link here.

To Start Device Manager:

1) Open the run command by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key ("Run")
2) Type devmgmt.msc

3) You'll now see a window similar to the following:

<signature>Hardware Technician
Please inform us when the issue is resolved. Thank you </span>