HDD isn't even showing up in BIOS anymore. [Solved/Closed]

JasonMLeblanc 4 Posts Thursday October 29, 2015Registration date October 31, 2015 Last seen - Oct 29, 2015 at 07:15 PM - Latest reply: JasonMLeblanc 4 Posts Thursday October 29, 2015Registration date October 31, 2015 Last seen
- Oct 31, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Hello, earlier tonight, my computer wich is on the ground, felt sideways. It made some really bad fans noises. I putted it back up, and when looking at my screens, there was literally no issues. I stil decided to restart it just in case. I got to the Windows's lock screen normally, then it restarted normally by itself. Then, when it opened again, I had a black screen with the fellow words "Reboot or select proper boot devices or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". After checking up the BIOS, my Sata HDD was still detected in port 4, like always. I tried to boot again, this time from Windows in the boot menu, I had to do multiple tries to finally get the "Unmountable boot volume" error, it then asked me what to do with multiples options, for example retinialising the HDD (wich I REALLY dont want to do.) and unfortunatly, none of the options even worked. So I decided to open up my pc to see if anything was abnormal. I also decided to remove some of the dusts from the fans. I found nothing abnormal, or well I think. The HDD didnt looked correct at all. It was plugged to the motherboard, Tought, there's also this red wire wich is plugged to the Sata that I couldnt see correctly, since its underneath my GPU (Yes, it has always been like this for more than a year since my Mobo is small) After replugging my computer and everything correctly, I booted it and went to the Bios, but this time, my HDD wasnt showing up anymore!!! Now I'm getting really anxious/nervous, etc. I REALLY don't want to loose my 1tb of data!

If anyone could help me...I'd be very thankfuls
See more 

6 replies

Best answer
Computertech 3742 Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration dateModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Oct 30, 2015 at 03:23 AM
Thank you
May be the hard disk is not connected properly. First i suggest you to connect this hard disk on another pc and retrive all your data as soon as possible.

Hope it will get detected.

Thank you, Computertech 1

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1665 users this month

JasonMLeblanc 4 Posts Thursday October 29, 2015Registration date October 31, 2015 Last seen - Oct 30, 2015 at 06:19 AM
Thank you
UPDATE: This morning, for some reasons, I decided to boot up my pc, I first went to the BIOS. To my surprise, my HardDrive was showing up just like it did before! I even tried to boot up Windows...It worked perfectly! Like if nothing ever happened! I'm still trying to search my files atm to make sure nothing is missing. I'm very happy at the moment, but I find it strange that the day after the accident, it started to work normally. Perhaps the HDD is perfectly fine? I might be asking another question in this thread too,

How can I actually prevent any data loss? I've heard of people making Backups HDD but unfortunatly, I can't really spend on my PC right now.

Thank you for answering me too!
Computertech 3742 Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration dateModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Oct 30, 2015 at 07:09 AM
You can back up your data on external hard disk or flash drive. so that you can't loss your data
JasonMLeblanc 4 Posts Thursday October 29, 2015Registration date October 31, 2015 Last seen > Computertech 3742 Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration dateModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Oct 30, 2015 at 03:41 PM
Alright, but I currently have something like, 508GB of data, wich I doubt I can export to a Flash Drive easily. I might be able to pay for another/new HDD or maybe a SSD for backup. Anyway, is there any way to make a "compressed" backup?

Thank you for answering my question too.
Computertech 3742 Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration dateModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Oct 31, 2015 at 01:22 AM
For compressed backup you need third party software to do this,
JasonMLeblanc 4 Posts Thursday October 29, 2015Registration date October 31, 2015 Last seen > Computertech 3742 Posts Friday February 6, 2015Registration dateModeratorStatus July 18, 2016 Last seen - Oct 31, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Alright, I also discovered the problem yesterday, it was my SATA cord, I went and got a new one. There has been no more issues. Problem solved, thank you.