HDD isn't even showing up in BIOS anymore.

Solved/Closed
JasonMLeblanc Posts 4 Registration date Thursday October 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2015 - Oct 29, 2015 at 07:15 PM
JasonMLeblanc Posts 4 Registration date Thursday October 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2015 - Oct 31, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Hello, earlier tonight, my computer wich is on the ground, felt sideways. It made some really bad fans noises. I putted it back up, and when looking at my screens, there was literally no issues. I stil decided to restart it just in case. I got to the Windows's lock screen normally, then it restarted normally by itself. Then, when it opened again, I had a black screen with the fellow words "Reboot or select proper boot devices or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". After checking up the BIOS, my Sata HDD was still detected in port 4, like always. I tried to boot again, this time from Windows in the boot menu, I had to do multiple tries to finally get the "Unmountable boot volume" error, it then asked me what to do with multiples options, for example retinialising the HDD (wich I REALLY dont want to do.) and unfortunatly, none of the options even worked. So I decided to open up my pc to see if anything was abnormal. I also decided to remove some of the dusts from the fans. I found nothing abnormal, or well I think. The HDD didnt looked correct at all. It was plugged to the motherboard, Tought, there's also this red wire wich is plugged to the Sata that I couldnt see correctly, since its underneath my GPU (Yes, it has always been like this for more than a year since my Mobo is small) After replugging my computer and everything correctly, I booted it and went to the Bios, but this time, my HDD wasnt showing up anymore!!! Now I'm getting really anxious/nervous, etc. I REALLY don't want to loose my 1tb of data!

If anyone could help me...I'd be very thankfuls
Related:

2 responses

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Oct 30, 2015 at 03:23 AM
May be the hard disk is not connected properly. First i suggest you to connect this hard disk on another pc and retrive all your data as soon as possible.

Hope it will get detected.