Toshiba satellite Track pad not working

Closed
FTConsultant - Jan 17, 2016 at 03:52 PM
 Ebo - Nov 5, 2016 at 10:13 PM
Hello,
The trackpad on my toshiba satellite also not working. FN and use of other F keys does not work. However it did work after a reboot but only at the logon screen.
I have a password on the machine and whilst I am on the logon screen the trackpad works. As soon as I am past the logon and at the desktop pad refuses to work. I have been through this process several times with the same results. Any thoughts?
The only change recently has been Win10 asking me if I like the various new screens.

2 responses

Apologies if you thought I was not courteous, that is certainly not me normally and thanks for responding. Yes I should have said touchpad, the two buttons both work but the pad stops as per my first comment. A usb mouse works fine in all respects. My comments re the FN keys was just indicating I had tried various possible fixes to no avail. I also tried switching off and taking out the battery. This did not help either.
Any help is much appreciated.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jan 18, 2016 at 05:35 AM
Press FN+F5 and that should do it
Thank-you for tip on I could not find my cursor/arrow on my laptop Ambucias