Moniter not receiving signal

Closed
razfraz Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2016 - May 14, 2016 at 06:06 PM
razfraz Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2016 - May 14, 2016 at 07:29 PM
(I should preface this with the fact that I dont know much about computers but I know a little bit)So I started building my own pc and I finally put all the pieces together and I plug it into my moniter (an acer H236HL). It "scans" all its ports and after a few seconds displays the message "no signal". (BTW I don't have an operating system installed) After a while I take it to my local computer place and they take a look, find out all I need to do is swap around the ram sticks. Once they're switched they say it boots up fine and I take it home. Of course the first thing I do is plug everything in boot up the computer and all I get is the "No Signal". So I'm hoping any of you guys know the problem and can give me a quick fix. Thanks!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 14, 2016 at 06:40 PM
So did you make sure that every cable is seated into its socket (I include the RAM cards)? You can also try only one RAM card at a time. It's possible you have a bad contact on one of the cards. Even without an OS installed you should see the BIOS screen when you try on the PC.

Good Luck
razfraz Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2016
May 14, 2016 at 07:29 PM
Well like I said we went to the shop and the cards were put in place and some lights that didn't turn on before have now and power is going to the mouse/keyboard which wasn't happening before the chips were put in right