My WD Western digital passport can't be open in any system

Closed
brecco - Jul 18, 2016 at 03:27 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jul 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Hello,

Good day,please I have a problem with my WD passport Ultira 2TB.if I try to open it it give a massage that read "(you need to format the disk in drive D:before you can use it) do you want to format it.
When I click format it will take me to a new window but it will stay for a long time without nothing is done. Please I have done anything wrong if so how can I get it back to work.
Thanks
Brekins.

Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jul 18, 2016 at 10:00 AM
Hi Brekins,

I am sorry for any trouble caused by your WD drive. Trying the drive on different systems was a great decision. I recommend you test it with another USB cable. Cable failure often causes similar issues. Run the Command Prompt and type the following commands:

Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (must be the drive’s number)
Clean

This way you will erase all data and partitions on the drive. You have no important data on the drive, right? Now open Disk Management and try to format the drive.

Hope this helps