-
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
April 30, 2021
-
Hello,

this is vikrant from india i have a wd i tb hardisk from two days when i connect to my laptop it shows up an icon but when i try to acess it it shows acess denied so what should i do i am having my family photos in it and it is very valuable to me pls help me out

3 replies

Registration date
Tuesday August 23, 2016
Status
Last seen
September 6, 2016
Hi there,
Please connect your external HDD as a slave on another machine and see if you will be able to backup all your data in there. Once you've copied all your data across, format your HDD using the NTFS format and convert it into MBR partition and you should be able to use your HDD again as a normal external HDD.
Good luck mate
Let me know of the outcome.
Registration date
Thursday October 23, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
Hello all,

@vikrant deval, what happens if you go to the Disk management menu? If you haven't, please do so and check if the WD external device has a drive letter assigned to it. If not, you have to manually change the drive letter, but be careful! If it asks you to format the WD disk, don't do it, because you will lose all the information stored on the drive.
You could also try to extract the files using a third party software for data recovery.
Please beware that every test does not givе a 100% guarantee that the data would be retrieved. Still, you can use WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics to test your external WD drive for errors. My advice is to use the extended test. You can download our software from here: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=uzUftP

Let me know if that helped. Cheers.

Western Digital representative
Registration date
Thursday May 22, 2014
Status
Last seen
April 30, 2021
Hi Vikrant, please check the drive ownership, might be it is altered.

To check the ownership, just do the ‘Right Click’ on the drive and Click on the Properties.

Then, click on the ‘Security Tab’ and change the ownership, if it is not correct.

Good Luck!!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!