Seagate goflex 1tr not readable

Closed
Abdullah Barakeh - Jan 18, 2017 at 09:23 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 19, 2017 at 03:02 AM
Hello,

I have a seagate goflex 1tr portable hard desk. it suddenly stopped being read by the computer. the computer only shows that the usb cable is attached.
once i plug the hard desk in i can feel it started working but only for a couple of seconds then stops. I tried opening storage management and it was showing only the cable with a black ribbon on it and when i try to initialize it it gives me an I/O error.
I have a lot of data on it that i need to restore. Please help!

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 19, 2017 at 03:02 AM
Hi Abdullah Barakeh,

Unfortunately, the I/O error may indicate a connectivity issue or a USB cable problem. Is it possible to test the device with another cable? I strongly recommend you to connect the external drive to another PC in order to confirm where the issue is coming from. If you have important data stored in the drive, try using a data recovery tool and try to save it. Check the link below for some suggestions:
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

Once all important data is backed up, download the drive manufacturer’s diagnostic tool and test the drive’s condition. If it appears At Risk and the drive is under warranty, you should contact the seller.

Hope this helps