No Signal from Monitor

Solved/Closed
Itzaaaron Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 21, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2017 - Apr 21, 2017 at 11:40 AM
 Blocked Profile - Apr 21, 2017 at 01:51 PM
I've just built my first PC, however when i plugged it to the monitor (Acer G276HL) (via. VGA/D-Sub) and boot the PC up and the monitor, the monitor just displays No Signal.

My PC runs okay I think, the LED on the graphics card light up, the CPU fan spins. However the monitor does not register the PC. It displays the monitors logo, energystar logo, and then goes black, finally saying No Signal.

I have yet to add the OS. I don't know what to do.

P.s. I'm not sure if i have to plug my graphics card, via DVI or HDMI, into the monitor..

1 response

OK, so you have two video outputs, correct? ONe on board, and one graphic card output, right?

Take the Graphics card out, and plug your monitor onto the onboard graphics, and load your OS. Then, after you have a stable platform, insert the graphics card, and make certain the drivers are correct and loaded.

Right now, what would you expect to see on the screen without an OS to boot to? There is nothing to display!

BTW, did you provision a partition for the drive? Did you mark the partition as active? Is the active partition set to your boot order in BIOS?

You could be dealing with more than a video issue!

Have FUN!
It's kind of fun to do the impossible! -Walter Elias Disney
Itzaaaron Posts 2 Registration date Friday April 21, 2017 Status Member Last seen April 21, 2017
Apr 21, 2017 at 01:47 PM
I understand that, regarding what I'd expect to see was a bootup screen to allow me to access the bios. I can't even install my OS because the screen doesn't display anything.
Blocked Profile
Apr 21, 2017 at 01:51 PM
Are their two video outputs? Did you take out the external video card yet?