Cannot Access Facebook from Any Browser Anywhere.

Solved/Closed
ShehabAladdin Posts 9 Registration date Sunday May 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2017 - May 14, 2017 at 06:02 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 17, 2017 at 06:03 PM
Hello Guys,

I have been facing an issue with my Facebook account recently. I cannot access my account using any browser. I tried many browsers on my laptop, tried 3 different laptops with other browsers without being able to access my account. On the other hand, I can access my account from the Facebook App on iPhone or the Facebook App on Windows 10.

Whenever I try to login, my photo appears, then I click it, it asks for my Password and I enter it then click login, then nothing. It goes back again to the same login page with my photo in the middle. It does not even give me that the password is wrong or something.

I have also noticed that, yes I can access my Facebook through the apps but I cannot access my settings because it will ask to go for a browser Facebook page to login in order to change my password.

Please it is really frustrating and I cannot even deactivate the account. I do not think it is hacked either because I changed my password already using the Hacked Help Center on Facebook but it still does not want to login.

Related:

4 responses

ShehabAladdin Posts 9 Registration date Sunday May 14, 2017 Status Member Last seen May 17, 2017 5
May 17, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Hi Again,

So I solved the issue and here is how. A quick recap, I was not able to access Facebook from any browser. I was just able to access it from the Facebook App on iPhone and Windows. But of course I could not change anything in my Account Settings because it will take me back to a browser version of Facebook which will take me back to the problem origin again.

The solution to the "You must login first" or "Unable to login" is the DEACTIVATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.

But you need to do some steps before that if you, like me, were not able to deactivate your account. Here are the steps you should take:
1- Log out of any Laptop, phone or tablet you have.
2- Delete the Facebook and Messenger App.
3- Delete you Safari Cache, History and Passwords. "I will come back to this point later"
4- Delete your Browsers Cache, History and Passwords on your laptops.

The above points WILL NOT help you log in again but they are just "safe steps" in order to be sure that everything is CLEAN.

For point number 3, please turn off Pop up block, Allow cookies from all website and turn off do not track. You have to turn off your Java Script.

So how do you log into your Facebook Account Settings to Deactivate you account?
Simply, you need to log into Facebook using the old Facebook Platform. This is not the same platform used when you log into Facebook using Safari. It is the old Facebook Platform that was used in Opera Browser. What you need to do is the following:

1- Install Opera, try opening your Facebook using it and see if it opens to the old platform as per the below photo: (or you can just search for the photo to give you an overview)
https://www.blogsolute.com/img/2012/04/Facebook-on-Opera-Mini1.jpg

2- When you open your account settings, Sign out from whatever location you have signed into.

3- Reset your password. (If you have not already)

4- Try to deactivate your account. I wrote try because I could not deactivate my account on the first time I tried to do so. I tried like 2 or 3 times then it was deactivated.

5- Reactivate your account and login using your browser.

6- Everything should be working by now.

NOTE: I used a VPN when I tried the above steps. My location was set to UK and then UAE but I do not think it really matters since you only need to deactivate your account.

I hope whoever reads this will get help with this bug. Facebook should notice these issues.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,173
May 17, 2017 at 06:03 PM
Thank you again.