No internet connection HELP

Closed
eddie - May 23, 2009 at 02:48 PM
docguitar Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2009 - May 23, 2009 at 04:09 PM
Hello,
i have been trying to fix a very hard problem with my computer gateway vista for the last few months........ and the problem started out by i think i put in a disk and i used defrag and it erased unused files........ then the next morning i woke up and started my computer up and it stared very slow which worried me........ then when i opened the main user i went over to the connect to the internet logo at the right bottom on the computer screen and it said that the dependancy service or group failed to connect...... and from then on i have been trying to connect to the internet and fix it but no matter what it wont work......... and it wont even let me make any new internet networks..... so please help me fix this problem..... HELP!!!!!!!!

1 response

docguitar Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 22, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2009
May 23, 2009 at 04:09 PM
Have you tried "Restore to an earlier date"? Sometimes, for reasons unknown, computers misplace the driver file ( usually there is a virus involved) but the driver files can usually be re-activated by using system restore to set the operating system details back to an earlier date, when they worked. I have 3 other ideas, but I have to look up the proceedures again. I'll be back with more later...( My laptop does this same thing all the time )
Re-running internet connections set up.
To see if modem is functioning properly...
check on modem, if working ,or not, in START, "control panel", system, hardware, device manager, modems. If there is a yellow flag there, you have a modem related issue, but I surmise it will say "modem is operating correctly" or something like that.( Double click on the modem icon to bring up the diagnostic screen.) You may be told to re-install modem driver
There also is the possibility that the firewall has for unknown reasons, blocked ALL access to the internet. Some viruses like to do that. Windows firewall has cut me more than once- thanx to trojan horses.