No connection to internet via w/less router.

Closed
Opal_34 Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 6, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 7, 2009 - Jun 7, 2009 at 10:14 AM
den.tal57 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 7, 2009 - Jun 7, 2009 at 02:29 PM
Hello,

I started using a laptop about 6 weeks ago. Everything has been fine until last week. Connection to the internet has been fine on the desktop and the laptop.

When the router is connected I can access the internet on the laptop with no problems. When I bypass the router and go straight through the modem I can access the internet on the desktop but with some difficulty (slow and sticky).

This has happened with no changes to any settings.

I've spoken to my ISp & router providers & everything is fine with both.

My router provider suggested that my internes settings had changed on the desktop & that I should contact my PC provider...any ideas anyone?

Many thanks

1 response

den.tal57 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday April 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 7, 2009 2
Jun 7, 2009 at 02:29 PM
hi,
normally the router has several outputs, you can connect the desktop computer to it and at the same time access internet from the laptop wirelessly.
you need to configure the router first.