My 360 wont let me play COD MW2 Maps, why?

Solved/Closed
IIH Atreyu HII Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 22, 2010 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2010 - Mar 22, 2010 at 01:04 PM
 yo momma32 - Feb 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM
I can play certain ones but maps such as Terminal, Afghan, high rise and underpass wont work. i can join the match and the match will begin but when it goes to the loading screen with the little white bar, the bar wont move and then i get the xbox pop up saying it cannot read the disc. My Disc is in perfect condition and i have taken great care of my xbox.
Related:

9 responses

i have the exact same problem, but now that i have the stimulus map pack it works fine. i think it is because the xbox loads the new maps from the hdd not the disk.
try installing you MW2 into your harddrive, if u have space. then it should work fine cause the xbox has less stuff to load from the disk.
i have also contacted microsoft and i said what u said, that the disk is perfectly fine and so is the xbox. what did they say? Microsoft: clean your disk with a soft cloth and restart your console.
thats what i told i did!! microsoft support is a shit service. anyway i hope your mw2 works better once u have installed it.
I also have the same problem-.- But I got it in PC not xbox. I can join a game but when it is loading the map it doesnt come like a picture, it just comes black and purple colors ;S
try putting your x box side ways on some thing not straight up
xKoH1TxSN1P3R Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 28, 2010
Apr 28, 2010 at 05:25 PM
Try to delete the cache and update it again and it should work properly
i used to have the same problem but after a while mine went away

(on ps3 but)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
some1 maps you have to buy with microsoft points! u need 1400msp for all the maps!
It might do that because of a scratch on the disk?
I would suggest getting your disk cleaned, but that some times doesn't work. Because my cousin had to get his ' RDR ' cleaned but after he did the game wouldn't work so just try what the guys in this forum are telling you to do.
hello this happened to me.you need a new disc sorry
Vince.$tone12 Posts 77 Registration date Saturday October 2, 2010 Status Member Last seen October 31, 2010 5
Oct 28, 2010 at 04:14 PM
Hi Fred, thanks for the helpful information.
IIH Atreyu HII
Jan 4, 2011 at 04:41 PM
that didnt help at all... you buy the map packs in groups of 3 usually with like 2 old maps thrown in you dont buy them 1 at a time...