My dell laptop cannot start up properly

Solved/Closed
tingxuan - Nov 20, 2008 at 06:10 AM
 Redly Ramosala - Mar 15, 2017 at 07:20 PM
Hello,
I am using a Dell Inspiron laptop. When I on the laptop, the laptop is able to load initially, when the screen shows the Dell logo. However when it comes to the part where it load at the Windows XP logo screen, the bar below the logo keeps moving showing that it is loading but after 20 minutes, my laptop is still showing the same screen. I cant reach my XP account page. How do I solve this?

Thank you for your reply.
Related:

5 responses

Lots of good ideas here and Molly's work around did work just as described.
Since I will not let a PC problem beat me I kept working and found the following
fix:

I could boot into safe mode with networking with no problems.
I noticed that Microsoft updates had not been done for some time but others had.
I downloaded all available updates from Microsoft including Service Packs then
booted using Molly's Control/Alt/Delete work around.
I disabled all processes one at a time until I found the program that was causing the problem
which turned out to be and Adobe Reader update. Since this update was installed on a system
that was not up to date it caused the system to hang during the boot up process. Once removed
it worked perfectly.
I un-installed then re-installed Adobe Reader and the problem is gone.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
i am dying. my inspiron xp has a flat battery. 2 days ago it shut down and wont restart. the fan starts as does the dvd drive, but nothing comes up on the screen. I thought it was a screen problem, but I think definitely boot. it wont even start doing anything.

any ideas. thanks
stupidi > Stupidi
Mar 7, 2010 at 01:36 PM
GOT IT!!

i am sure I tried this a thousand times already, but: plugged in, turned on, pulled battery out, shut down (hold power button until shut down), start up and presto, bingo, jumanji - got it...

thanks for your inspiration above... that just saved me about 2 weeks work and a lot of pain. love you all.

now to back up.................
how if my laptop Dell latitude E6410 message appear in the black screen said- no boot device found. press any key to reboot the machine. I try to reboot several times but still on the black screen. please any advice from you
Thanks so much. This was what my laptop was doing exactly and I was ready to take it to the shop. This worked like a charm. Thank you so much!