Acer laptop slow booting

Closed
emil18 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday June 25, 2017 Status Member Last seen June 25, 2017 - Updated on Jun 25, 2017 at 04:44 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 26, 2017 at 05:25 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with my acer travelmate laptop.

While booting the screen with acer logo shows for several minutes before the starting process continues.

Do you have any idea where can be a problem?

Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jun 25, 2017 at 05:43 PM
Greetings

When your computer stays on the Acer logo for a long time it's because it's slow booting.

There are three main reasons why a computer takes times booting.

The main reason is that, at start time, it is opening too many background programmes and applications, often some of which are not necessary.

The second reason might be that your hard disk is fragmented and should be defragmented.

The 3rd reason could be a virus infection.

Check to see in your control panel what programmes or applications are opening at start-up and deactivate the ones you don't need.

Use your windows defragmenter tool. Your computer should not be more than 10% defragmented.

Use such free antivirus software as Malwarebyte and request a full scan to delete any malware.

Good luck
Hi,
thank you for your advice.
I tried all three:
1) Stopped running nearly all programs on startup
2) I also defragmented the disk (and it was really pretty fragmented)
3) I also installed a malwarebytes and made deep scan (plenty of threats solved)

Unfortunatelly, none of these really helped. The acer logo stays a pretty same time while booting.

Do you have any other idea how to solve this?

Thank you

Emil