WD Harddrive not working or recognised? HELP

Closed
David - Sep 10, 2010 at 08:38 AM
 David - Sep 10, 2010 at 01:20 PM
Hello,

I have had my 1 Tereabite WD External Harddrive for around 6 months now. Has been working fine for most the time. The other day, I tried to connect my Harddrive to my latop without any success. The only thing that comes up is the WD SmartWare(F:) and also it says the Local Drive (H:). However, the F drive only contains a small part of the harddrive, around 300 MB and the rest would usually be in the G Drive(my main harddrive - with all my data and files). When I try to add the hardware from Settings > Control Panel, it only recognises the F drive. It is as if my main G drive with all my data is not there any more but I have deleted anything or changed anything at all.
Can any one help or advise what I should do to get this fixed please?

Thanks

Dave

1 response

ToniMcCoy Posts 5 Registration date Friday September 10, 2010 Status Member Last seen September 11, 2010
Sep 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM
hi,well i have to tell you that all your information is gone because you external hard drive is spoilt due to contant use of it and all so you do not eject properly before disconneting the drive.
how experienced are you on IT? because I use it often, means that the harddrive will break? i am not so sure about that to be honest. if I could use an actual proper message on how to fix this and not that it will not just work would be a little more helpful! if you can actually help with this issue I would like you hear how to fix the harddrive.