Hitachi Hard drive not detected

Closed
site2seek Posts 3 Registration date Monday May 16, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2011 - May 16, 2011 at 04:01 AM
site2seek Posts 3 Registration date Monday May 16, 2011 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2011 - May 21, 2011 at 08:45 PM
Hello,

I've a HITACHI hard drive sata 3Gb/s of optiplex 745 DELL Desktop. System suddenly crashed with the error message.
I just want to take back up of my data.

I removed the hard disk] from this computer and plugged it to a HP workstation 4400 as primary. The system booted with a same error message and got shut down.

The error message is System shut down as preventive. Plz remove any newly installed devices to the system and reboot. In the past few months I've not installed anything in to my system.I tried another alternative.

Hence I tried to connect this HardDisk as secondary to HP workstation 4600(XP O.s) which has seagate hard disk as primary. When I try to boot the system, the system doesn't boot. When I try to unplug the Hitachi hard disk, the HP 4400 works well.

I even tried to connect it to the HP desktop with Windows 7 as O.S. Here also I have the same problem the Hitachi disk doesn't get detected.

Could someone plz help me with my problem

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
May 17, 2011 at 11:23 AM
It looks like the drive is DEAD.

When a hard drive disables the boot process this indicates that the drive electronics has failed. Sometimes you can obtain a exact duplicate drive and swap the circuit boards. This can allow you to recover the drives data.

Good Luck