Some keys stopped working i.e.B,N,SPACE, ARROWS. [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question shreeraj365 1Posts Tuesday September 3, 2013Registration date September 3, 2013 Last seen - Latest answer on Aug 2, 2016 02:17AM
Hi,
Suddenly some keys on my dell vostro 1015 (such as B, N, SPACE BAR, ARROWS), stopped working without any reason. Its been 1month and yet I haven't found any solution for it.I am not getting time to get it repaired.i need help from you guyz. 1day before when it stopped working, installed a game and next day of it, keys stopped working. Uninstalled the game but the problem still continues.. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
Waiting for your valuable replies...
thanks !
See more 
Helpful
+26
moins plus
Hi shreeraj365,

With permission from carminabigue I would like to add a few steps. Please try the below mentioned steps and reply with results:

1. Please start the computer and enter System Setup (BIOS) by hitting F2 key at Dell Logo.
2. Restore System Setup fields to Defaults by pressing <Alt><F>.
3. Shut down the computer and disconnect Battery, AC Adapter and external devices.
4. Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then release the power button.
5. Re-connect the AC Adapter and Battery only and power on the computer.
6. Start tapping the F8 key and boot to the Safe Mode.
7. In the "Safe Mode" press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
8. Run dialog box will be displayed.
9. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
10. Expand "Keyboards", right click the listed keyboard(s) and select "Uninstall".
11. Restart the computer and wait for the keyboard drivers to load.
12. Check the functionality of the keyboard now.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Helpful
+6
moins plus
Some people have tried the followiing and had success:

Shut down the laptop, removed battery and cable for a moment, press and hold the start button for 60 seconds... and replace the battery.. start the lap top.. if that does not work a technician is a must...

Hope this help.
shivam- Jul 29, 2015 10:15AM
Same problem with mine n I tried that battry removing trick but thoae keya are still not working
Worried User- Dec 11, 2015 10:25AM
Hi there. I have a problem where certain keys on my laptop keyboard are not working. I can't to the above solution because my laptop has a built in battery and I can't remove it. I need some help please. Anyone? Thanks so much
meh?- Dec 28, 2015 08:32PM
Try liking up kbdclass on Google. I've repaired several by editing theregistry with that
Aika- Dec 22, 2015 02:46AM
It works!tq..
karthik gummadoju- Aug 2, 2016 02:17AM
it's working thanks
***@***

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!