Dns probe finished no internet...

Closed
SigmaAirav - Jan 3, 2015 at 10:12 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jun 9, 2015 at 04:13 AM
Hello,

I have been having consistent issues with dns probe errors. I run windows 8.1 on an Asus G46VW laptop and the dns probe issue isn't just on chrome, its the whole computer that cannot connect to the internet even though the tray indicates I am indeed connected. I cant run any windows updates or anything else that requires internet connection while the error is active.

I tried to use the command prompt and the commands that were suggested in a similar thread here and all they do is temporarily restore the internet. after a few hours the dns issue pops up again and the only "fix" is to run the commands, restart, and try again. Its a hassle to have to restart the computer just to have a few hours of browsing.

I'm looking for a permanent fix to this. If anyone knows how to utterly eliminate this issue in ways that using those common fix commands could not that would be great thanks :)

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jun 9, 2015 at 04:13 AM
go to START and Run and type in the following commands:
cmd (enter)

c:\netsh winsock reset (enter)

remember restart your computer