Booting Problem

Closed
Gampa Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2009 - Apr 30, 2009 at 06:13 PM
Gampa Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2009 - May 2, 2009 at 09:25 PM
Hello,

Alright, Yesterday i was working on a power point, to get more information i went to internet explorer and opened it. My computer started going really slow and froze. I held the power button down until it turned off then turned it back on after a few seconds. My computer has Windows and Windows Vista on it duel boot. . . i choose XP ( ive tried safe mode and normal) and it shows "windows xp" and has the loading bar but then it suddenly flashes a blue screen to fast to even see what is on it then goes black. As far as i can tell it just stays black forever until i restart computer, i tried to click blindly and see if i could click the off button or try to my account but no. I tried the option in which it goes back to previous settings that worked for the last booting, nevertheless it still did the same thing. But when i go to vista it seems to load sometimes. Yet i still can access all the hard drive partions. I have two hardrives but both windows and xp are on the same. One hardrive has all my music on it. Im not sure if drivers got screwed up or my hard drive is messed up or maybe a virus or something not sure. Any help would be VERY APPRECIATED. I did try unplugging one stick of ram and dusting it out and everything i could dust out? I did have a previous worm virus that i got rid of not sure if that possibly deleted a driver file or something when it got removed? But it worked right after i did that when i turned off and on the computer so not sure. Maybe internet explorer is just a virus in itself considering my computer froze on behalf of it =P or just coincidence. . .

3 responses

Highway72 Posts 233 Registration date Thursday April 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 11
May 1, 2009 at 04:41 AM
Ah BSOD (Blue screen of Death) usually means corrupted windows install or IRQ conflicts. Since you say you have dual boot try doing a full Antivirus sweep from Vista of both drives and maybe run checkdisk too.
paul652 Posts 12 Registration date Friday January 2, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2009
May 1, 2009 at 06:07 AM
hi,
check your RAM as well.
this might be a cause.
remove one of the HDD and then try again.
Gampa Posts 2 Registration date Thursday April 30, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2009
May 2, 2009 at 09:25 PM
Well.. i was going to do that and now i have no picture at all? Graphics card maybe?